So your dogs birthday is coming and you have been throwing around the idea of having a proper birthday party for him.
You’re not sure where to start, who to invite, or what activities you could possibly do. Time to put that creativity to the test!
Today, I am going to share how to throw an epic dog birthday party!
- Who to invite? There are a couple different things you could do here. Do you have friends with dogs? If so, invite them, and have a visit with your friends while the dogs enjoy the party! If you don’t know many people with dogs, do you visit a local dog park? Ask around! You might be surprised with how many people would be anxious to attend a dog party! If all else fails, post online!! Send out a public invite to your local friends on social media and see what you can come up with!
- No birthday is complete without cake! But what sort of cake would you have for a dog party? Check out some recipes via google, trust me… you will find LOADS!
- Snacks! For summer birthday parties, see my previous post for yummy (super easy to make) summer fun dog treats! Otherwise, raw baby carrots are always a hit in my house, as well as bananas! Not all dogs like fruit and veggies though, so you might want to think about other snacks. Head out to your local pet shop and see what they have!
- You will need some activities as well. If you have a fenced in yard, bring the pooches outside with a handful of toys!
- Another fun dog activity for a party would be hide and sniff! Again, a fenced in yard will be your pet friend when dealing with multiple dogs at a party – hide some yummy treats around your yard, make some places harder to find than others, and let the dogs do the rest!
- Scavenger hunt! If you have a bit of property this is perfect. Otherwise, find a local dog-friendly trail and set up a small scavenger hunt for the owners and dogs. There should be hints along the way, yummy treats as rewards, and lots of walking to tire out those pups!
- Dog paw painting! Set up a finger (paw) painting session! Some paper, some pet safe non toxic paint, dip the paws and away they go!
- Fashion show! Set up an outdoor fashion show for dogs! Have some fun things such as tiaras, a few feathery boas, and a judge! Have the owners walk the runway with their pup all dressed up, and the winner will get a prize bag!
- Speaking of prize bags… why not have some pup grab bags for all to leave the party with?! Put small items such as poop bags, treats or a small toy in each bag.
You are now on your way to an epic doggie birthday party! Take these tips, and get creative with some of your own!
Most importantly, have fun, and make sure the dogs do too!
FUN FACT: According to a National Pet Owner Survey of 1,019 pet owners, 50% actually celebrate their pet’s birthday, while 79% give their pets holiday or birthday presents.
Leave us a comment and tell us how you celebrate your pets birthday!
Jenna Drady is the author and creator of ownedbyahusky.ca. She is a mother of two beautiful daughters and 3 Siberian Huskies. Being a husky mom for a long duration of her life, Jenna was inspired to begin writing about them. In doing so, she began doing massive research on dog behavior, and all things dog in general. Jenna is inspired everyday by her family, and loves to bring her readers valuable information as well as a little humor too! Jenna has created her own business partnered with her lovely mother while blogging called Pawz N Clawz Jewelry N Things. They currently sell handmade jewelry with added pet charms, as well as a few dog toys too! As an animal rights activist, and huge believer in helping pets who have been stuck in shelters, they donate a portion of their sales to local shelters throughout Canada.